9 Ways to Show Your Expertise When First Starting Out
When you first start out wanting to work from home and start your own business, it can be frightening and even seem impossible. Itís the old conundrum about how you can get experience without having experience. But, when you start an online business, you can make your own experience and prove your expertise with just a little work, and this is how.
1. Blog Regularly Toward Your Audience – Start a blog on your website and blog directly to your audience with many forms of content, discussing many issues that the audience has. Itís a great way to get traffic, but itís also a great way to demonstrate expertise.
2. Write a White Paper about a Problem ñ A white paper is a long report that addresses a problem and then offers solutions to the problem. If you write a paper or two about individual problems your audience has, youíll be able to show your expertise even though youíre just starting out.
3. Publish a Book about Your Expertise ñ Writing a book and authorship is always a great way to show your expertise. Direct the book to your target audience and answer questions they may have. Address one problem and solve it and then youíll get more respect that you do know what youíre talking about.
4. Make Checklists to Help Your Target Audience ñ If you know the types of things that your audience has questions about, you can create helpful checklists, cheat sheets, or tip sheets that are available for view and/or download on your website or blog.
5. Share Answers Freely on Social Networks ñ Social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, and even forums and message boards are great places to answer other peopleís questions in a way that highlights your expertise.
6. Become a Contributing Writer – Blogs, websites, newspapers and magazines all want more content and will take well-written, expertly delivered articles. Some of these will even pay you for the content. Write originally for each and rely on your bio to send traffic your way.
7. Get on a Speaking Circuit ñ Create a couple of presentations that you could easily turn into public speaking fodder. Practice by putting that information on video on your blog, YouTube, and other places that take video. Make a ìone sheetî which is one downloadable 8×11 sheet that tells about what youíll speak on and your prices.
8. Create a Dedicated YouTube Channel ñ Many people have become famous because of YouTube, and you can too. Use YouTube as a way to demonstrate your expertise on the topics of interest to your audience.
9. Host a Free Webinar or Teleseminar ñ Technology enables you to do a lot to spread the word about your knowledge and expertise. You can do ìhow toî videos, and tip videos and more to show the world and most importantly, your audience, what you know.
These ways to show your expertise when first starting out donít require you to have a huge client roster, or even a following yet. Doing them will help you gain a following, improve search engine optimization (SEO) and help you build the work-at-home business of your dreams.